We currently have a waiting list for private lessons clients due to a staff shortage. We will reach out to you if a purchase is made at the YMCA front desk to schedule your swim lessons out.
PRIVATE SWIMMING LESSONS
What better place for private swimming lessons in Athens than at your local Y? We've been a part of the McMinn County community for over 60 years, and have helped thousands of people safely enjoy time in the water.
How much do swimming lessons cost at the YMCA?
- Packages of 4 30-minute swim lessons are $50 for Y members and $90 for non-members or 8 30-minute swim lessons are $90 for Y members and $150 for non-members.
- Buddy Packs (2 swimmers of similar ability with 1 instructor) of 4 swim lessons are $25/swimmer for Y members and $45/swimmer for non-members or 8 30-minute lessons for $45/swimmer for Y members and $75 for non-members.
- Private lessons must have a 4-hour notice for cancellations. Failure to cancel with a 4 hour notice will result in forfeiture of a lesson.
- Due to Tennessee Department of Health State law, there are times the pool may have to close due to unforseen emergent situations. Such instances include thunder, lightening, or fecal related incidences. We will contact you as soon as we determine the pool must close for such instances and will reschedule in a timely matter.
- Lessons may be scheduled any day and time, dependent upon availability of instructors. Request an instructor now!
Why are swim lessons so important?
Near-fatal and fatal downing is a very real danger; especially for childnre. At the Y, we are dedicated to the safety of our neighbors and their loved ones. Did you know:
- For children under the age of 14, drowning is the second leading cause of accidental death in the U.S.
- Out of these deaths, 90% happen while a parent or caregiver is present. 75% of them are only out of sight for less than five minutes.
- For every child who dies from drowning, anover fiver receive emergency department care for non-fatal submersion injuries.
- Non-fatal drowning injuries can cause severe brain damange that may result in long-term disabilities.
Getting your first private swimming lesson scheduled is easy!
Learn in less time, with more confidence
Private swim lessons start with attainable goals, and takes your from your current level of ability to being able to swim well, more quickly. Your instructor will customize your lessons to maximize your learning and ensure a great swimming experience.
Instructors will support you with positive encouragement and motivation, while providing the knowledge and skills you need to become a confident swimmer.
At the Y, taking private swimming lessons is more than just a class. It is an opportunity to learn a life skill and do so safely. In addition to being a lot of fun, you'll get a good workout, too!
Benefits of Lessons
Safety - Our instructors focus on safety, first; especially with children. Each student will learn and practice what to do if they fall into a pool. Swimmers in Athens have been learning to be safet in the water for decades with swimming lessons at The Y.
Convenience - You can schedule your lessons for a time that works for you. Doing so will help you focus on learning and reduce the stress it might otherwise introduce in your life. So, even if you have multiple children who need lessons, or you've got a busy schedule with work or other commitments, our instructors can be accommadating.
Customized - At the Y, we know that every person has different learning styles and water skills. That's why we offer individualized lessons; personalizing your lessons to help you achieve your swimming goals.
Private Swim Instructors
Your YMCA swim instructor will provide personalized and private swimming lessons for you or your child. You will have one-on-one attention from a certified and highly-skilled instructor who cares about you learning how to swim.
Whether you need beginning swimming lessons for adults, intermediate or swimming lessons for kids two and up, our private swim coaches will provide a great swim lessons experience.
Our swimming lessons in Athens consist of private, customized classes, which allows students to learn water safety and swimming skills. Instructors are patient and encouraging, while providing step-by-step swimming instruction.
Our private swim instructors also will help students of all ages learn very specific water safety skills, including safety in and around the pool. They have years of experience in teaching babies, toddlers, preschoolers, school-aged children and adults learn to swim and be safe around the water.