COME SWIM WITH THE BEST
The Y is dedicated to the development and success of competitive aquatics in McMinn County as it relates to two of our main areas of focus: Youth Development and Healthy Living. The staff believes that aquatics can provide a clean, safe, and healthy outlet of energy. More than learning the competitive strokes and conditioning, swimmers will also learn the value of hard work, dedication, self-discipline, goal-setting, personal accountability, and team loyalty. We offer three competitive options for swimmers of all ages.
Join SOUTHEAST TENNESSEE SWIMMING [SETS], our competitive year round swim team!
- Southeast Tennessee Swimming is for ages 8-18.
- Read about the coaching team here, led by Head Coach Todd Jones!
- Practice is available at the YMCA and starts September 6th! Registration is available here.
- For registration or billing assistance, email XXX.
- SIGN THIS WAIVER FOR THE Y AS A SETS SWIMMER.
- Swimmers must know all 4 strokes to join the team.
Join our MIDDLE OR HIGH SCHOOL SWIM TEAM- MCMINN UNITED MAKOS!
- Registration will be available September 1st! Scholarships are available.
- PARENT MEETING: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2023 at 6:30pm.
- Practice starts October 2nd at the Y on M/T/Th at 5p-6pm and runs until January 31st (unless your swimmer makes the post season swims).
- Registration fee per swimmer: $50
- Monthly fees: $37.50/member/month; $50/nonmember/month
- School league is open to any McMinn County middle school or high school student
- McMinn United Makos also has swimmers on the team from surrounding counties who do not have a home swim team.
- Meets are typically held at the Y with opportunities to travel!
- For registration or billing assistance, email YMCA Swim Team Coordinator, Katy Coffey.
Competitive: Southeast Tennessee Swimming
Southeast Tennessee Swimming [SETS] is the premier swim team in McMinn County coached by Head Coach Todd Jones, Coach Stephen, and Coach Tabbitha. Practices are held at the YMCA with meets in nearby cities. We provide all youth the opportunity to participate in a year round competitive sports program. The team shares in the Y's mission to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
"Southeast Tennessee Swimming is a USA Swimming, year-round swim team, with two practice facilities located in Ooltewah and Athens Tennessee. Our mission is to provide a fun and challenging environment in which young men and women learn competitive swimming skills and higher levels of racing performance while focusing on the valuable life lessons of goal-setting, perseverance, self-discipline, team work, cooperation, sportsmanship, and competitive spirit. We are focused on creating life-long swimmers and encourage the pursuit of excellence."
Coach Jones "Popi" - Head Coach
Coach Stephen - Head Age Group Coach
Coach Tabbitha - Assistant Coach
Coach Katy - Assistant Coach
Coach Wendi - Assistant Coach
High School Swim Team
JOIN THE MCMINN UNITED HIGH SCHOOL SWIM TEAM!
In addition to competitive swim team, we also offer club swim team through our local high schools through the KISL Swim League. High School league starts in October and wraps up in February.
We host all McMinn County high schools & swimmers from surrounding counties without a home swim team.
For more information, contact Swim Team Coordinator Katy Coffey at 423.745.4904.