COME SWIM WITH THE BEST
The Y is dedicated to the development and success of competitive aquatics in McMinn County as it relates to two of our main areas of focus: Youth Development and Healthy Living. The staff believes that aquatics can provide a clean, safe, and healthy outlet of energy. More than learning the competitive strokes and conditioning, swimmers will also learn the value of hard work, dedication, self-discipline, goal-setting, personal accountability, and team loyalty. We offer three competitive options for swimmers of all ages.
Join SOUTHEAST TENNESSEE SWIMMING [SETS], our competitive year round swim team!
- Southeast Tennessee Swimming is for ages 8-18.
- Read about the coaching team here, led by Head Coach Todd Jones!
- Practice is available at the YMCA and starts September 6th! Registration is available here.
- For registration or billing assistance, email XXX.
- SIGN THIS WAIVER FOR THE Y AS A SETS SWIMMER.
- Swimmers must know all 4 strokes to join the team.
Join our MIDDLE OR HIGH SCHOOL SWIM TEAM- MCMINN UNITED MAKOS!
- Registration will be available September 1st! Scholarships are available.
- PARENT MEETING: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2023 at 6:30pm.
- Practice starts October 2nd at the Y on M/T/Th at 5p-6pm and runs until January 31st (unless your swimmer makes the post season swims).
- Registration fee per swimmer: $50
- Monthly fees: $37.50/member/month; $50/nonmember/month
- School league is open to any McMinn County middle school or high school student
- McMinn United Makos also has swimmers on the team from surrounding counties who do not have a home swim team.
- Meets are typically held at the Y with opportunities to travel!
- For registration or billing assistance, email YMCA Swim Team Coordinator, Katy Coffey.