COME SWIM WITH THE BEST
The Y is dedicated to the development and success of competitive aquatics in McMinn County as it relates to two of our main areas of focus: Youth Development and Healthy Living. The staff believes that aquatics can provide a clean, safe, and healthy outlet of energy. More than learning the competitive strokes and conditioning, swimmers will also learn the value of hard work, dedication, self-discipline, goal-setting, personal accountability, and team loyalty. We offer three competitive options for swimmers of all ages.
Join SOUTHEAST TENNESSEE SWIMMING [SETS], our competitive year round swim team!
- Southeast Tennessee Swimming is for ages 5-18.
- Read about the coaching team here, led by Head Coach Todd Jones!
- Practice is at the YMCA! Registration is available here.
- For registration or billing assistance, email Coach Thurman.
Join our SUMMER SWIM LEAGUE!
- Registration is available HERE!
- Summer teams are open to all swimmers, ages 5-18.
- Meets are on Tuesdays at 6pm!
- We offer three practice times, you choose one, on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Practice starts June 2nd, 2021 and the Championship is on July 27th.
- For registration or billing assistance, email YMCA Swim Team Coordinator, Katy Coffey.
Are you unsure of which team to register for or how to get started? We can help! Contact Athens-McMinn Family YMCA Swim Team Coordinator Katy Coffey at 423.745.4904.
Competitive: Southeast Tennessee Swimming
Southeast Tennessee Swimming [SETS] is the premier swim team in McMinn County coached by Head Coach Todd Jones, Coach Stephen, and Coach Tabbitha. Practices are held at the YMCA with meets in nearby cities. We provide all youth the opportunity to participate in a year round competitive sports program. The team shares in the Y's mission to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
"Southeast Tennessee Swimming is a USA Swimming, year-round swim team, with two practice facilities located in Ooltewah and Athens Tennessee. Our mission is to provide a fun and challenging environment in which young men and women learn competitive swimming skills and higher levels of racing performance while focusing on the valuable life lessons of goal-setting, perseverance, self-discipline, team work, cooperation, sportsmanship, and competitive spirit. We are focused on creating life-long swimmers and encourage the pursuit of excellence."
Coach Jones "Popi" - Head Coach
Coach Stephen - Head Age Group Coach
Coach Mikal - Team Administrator & Assistant Coach
Coach Tabbitha - Assistant Coach
Coach Katy - Assistant Coach
Coach Wendi - Assistant Coach
Team Administrator: Mikal Thurman-COACHTHURMAN3@GMAIL.COM- Please direct all questions concerning billing, registration, and meets to this email.
High School Swim Team
JOIN THE MCMINN UNITED HIGH SCHOOL SWIM TEAM!
In addition to competitive swim team, we also offer club swim team through our local high schools through the KISL Swim League. High School league starts in October and wraps up in February.
We host all McMinn County high schools & swimmers from surrounding counties without a home swim team.
For more information, contact Swim Team Coordinator Katy Coffey at 423.745.4904.
Middle School Swim Team
Summer Swim League
The Athens-McMinn Family YMCA hosts a summer swim league for kids ages 5 to 18 years old. This year's theme is all about training like Olympians!
The Y summer swim league is about teaching children the importance of achieving goals, team effort, and sportsmanship.
Swimmers compete in a series of swim meets on Tuesday nights during the summer against other YMCA swim teams.
Swimmers who have not participated in swim team must be assessed before the season. Swimmers ages 5 to 10 must be able to swim the length of the pool.
- Summer Swim League will start practicing June 2nd on Mondays, Wednesdays, and some OPEN Fridays.
- Practice times choices are 10am, 3pm, and 6:45pm. Swimmers will register for one practice time.
- Swim meets will take place per a schedule on Tuesday nights.
- $50/month per member
- $65/month per nonmember
- Scholarships are available.
For questions regarding program specifics, contact Katy Coffey by calling 423.745.4904.