HELP SAVE LIVES!
In a YMCA Lifeguad course you will learn all of the skills necessary to be a certified Lifeguard. The purpose of the YMCA National Lifeguard Certification is to teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. Upon completion of the course, you will receive a 2-year certification for Lifeguarding, CPR, First-aid, emergency oxygen administration and AED. Each participant will receive a YMCA Lifeguard Manual and a CPR mask.
The course content and activities prepare participants to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and to prevent drowning and injuries.
- 16 Years of age on or before the final day of the course, participants under the age of 18 must have parent consent
- MUST ATTEND ALL CLASSES; NO MAKE-UPS
- Demonstrate competency in Front Crawl, Side Stroke, Breaststroke, and Elementary Backstroke.
- Surface dive head first in 8ft-10ft. of water.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs.
Cost is $125 for members and $175 for non-members
September 17th-25th (Full Course)
- Monday, September 17th | 4-8:45pm
- Tuesday, September 18th | 4-8:45pm
- Thursday, September 20th |4-8:45pm
- Monday, September 24th | 4-8:45pm
- Tuesday, September 25th | 4-8:45pm
October 8th-16th (Full Course)
- Monday, October 8th | 45-8:45pm
- Tuesday, October 9th | 4-8:45pm
- Thursday, October11th | 4-8:45pm
- Monday, October15th | 4-8:45pm
- Tuesday, October16th | 4-8:45pm
December 10th-18th (Full Course)
- Monday, December 10th | 4-8:45pm
- Tuesday, Decmber 11th | 4-8:45pm
- Thursday, December 13th | 4-8:45pm
- Monday, December 17th | 4-8:45pm
- Tuesday, December 18th | 4-8:45pm
October 27th (Recert)
- Saturday, October 27th | 8am-4pm
December 8th (Recert)
- Saturday, December 8th | 8am-4pm
The Y strives to train the best lifeguards around in an effort to hire directly from our courses. We are dedicated to providing the best staff to ensure the safety of our members and guests while in the pool. If you would like to apply to become a lifeguard, please view our current openings here or email our Aquatics Director, Hannah Brickhouse.