WELCOME TO RESET!
Are you in need of a reset? Kick 2020 to the curb and join us for a six-week program designed to challenge people to grow in spirit, mind, and body beginning February 1, 2021! The free 6-week program is available to anyone in our community. For 30 minutes a day, five days a week, we’ll experiment with challenges designed to open us up to a purpose driven life that is RESET. You will receive three text messages a week with encouragement on social media, workouts in our free app, and activity ideas shared in emails along the way.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! Text RESET to (423)745-4904 to join the challenge.
All participants who complete the 6 week challenge will receive a free t-shirt for pickup at the YMCA. You can send us photos of your completed tracking calendar on social media or in email for a chance to win 3 free months at the Y!
Weekly Themes & Must Knows
- Week 1: Reset Coaching Video
- Week 2: Refresh Coaching Video
- Week 3: Reconnect Coaching Video
- Week 4: Replay Coaching Video
- Week 5: Reinvest
- Week 6: Restore
- What to expect with the program
- YMCA OnDemand workouts
- YMCA Live Fitness Classes on Zoom
- Download our free app for MWF workouts in the Workout Tile.
Questions? Email email@example.com for clarification and help with enrollment
WEEK 1: RESET Mini Challenge & Ideas
Hey, RESET TEAM! Let's kick the 6-week program off with some activity ideas and a mini challenge. Remember, your overall goal for the whole program is 5 days a week of exercise/movement at 150 minutes (minimum) total!
MINI CHALLENGE: Work out 5 times this week and win a YMCA lanyard!
How to track:
Scan into the Y 5 times
Use a complimentary pass 1 time as a nonmember
OR Upload a post workout photo here
You can combo these: 3 workouts at the Y, 2 form submissions, etc.
- Walk the pond loop at Athens Regional Park
- Take a YMCA OnDemand class found here
- Try out a YMCA class in person at our location
- Hop on the treadmill for a SPRINT 8 program (ask us what that is!)
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter or other nonprofit organization
- Try out a free MWF workout in our app in the "workout" tile
- Do some yard work or simply walk the neighborhood while listening to a podcast!
Week 2: REFRESH Mini Challenge
Challengers! Let's build on our 150 or more of exercise with a week based on nutrition. FUELING your body the right way is so important. Remember, your overall goal for the whole program is 5 days a week of exercise/movement at 150 minutes (minimum) total!
Mini Challenge: Submit 5 healthier/better nutritional choices you plan to start making THIS WEEK!
Example: Drink X ounces of water/day.
Submit your choices:
We will enter your name into a drawing for a free YMCA water bottle. We will draw 4 names! Did you pick up your lanyard for week's 1 challenge of 5 workouts last week? They are at the welcome center.
- Take an online LIVE class with YMCA staff
- Try out Coach Bridget's fitness tracker for the week
- Take on ZUMBA with our team at the Y on M/W at 645PM, T/TH 10AM
- Go to the WORKOUT OF THE DAY tile in your free app for a MWF workout
- Stand up at your desk while working or walk around 10 minutes every hour for at least 3 hours
- Play a game of pick up basketball, softball, soccer, anything you prefer with the fam!
WEEK 3: RECONNECT Mini Challenge
Week 3 Mini Challenge: MILEAGE CHALLENGE
With week 3, we're focusing on the ability to RECONNECT. Your goals this week will reflect on connecting with others, re-establishing relationships, but also will introduce some friendly competition with a MILEAGE challenge.
- Download our free app in your smart phone store, search us by our full name 'Athens-McMinn Family YMCA'
- Create a login (tip: use the email address you've been using if you log into our cardio machines)
- Join the Challenge under the tile 'CHALLENGES' labeled RESET Week 3: RECONNECT
- Connect a device under the tile 'CONNECTED APPS'
- It is ideal for this challenge that you only connect one device, whether that is an accepted smart watch (on the list) or your smart phone via Apple Health, etc.
- We will not accept manual entries. A device is required to track your activity. Should you wish to only track your cardio machine workouts via our machines, that is acceptable. Be aware the challenge will track all activity for connected devices.
- Do you have questions? Email me & I'll respond by 7pm this evening.
The mileage challenge still start tomorrow, Monday 2/15. This challenge will track how ACTIVE and MOBILE you are throughout every day while you wear your tracking device. If that is your phone, keep it with you!We will award a male and female winner with a choice between some Y swag: fanny pack, gym towel, and more!
WEEK 4: REPLAY Mini Challenge
We've moved into the second half of the RESET Challenge! How are your at minimum 150 minutes of activity going each week? Have you increased those minutes? Are you doing tougher workouts? Keep it up!
Week 4 Mini Challenge: 60 SECONDS TO MOVE!
This week, you'll challenge yourself for 60 seconds with one or both options: burpees or squats!
- Proper burpees and squats video: https://youtu.be/-dZ653gbR1c
- How many burpees or squats can you do in 60 seconds? Do one or both and enter your video(s) to win!
- For clarification: you will only do one exercise for the full 60 seconds. You can do the second exercise in a second video and enter for a chance to win two times.
- We will provide the winning male/female challengers for squats and burpees with a Y apparel item.
- Squats are body weight only. No need for weights (unless you just want to challenge yourself MORE).
- If we have any modified burpee participants enter the mini challenge, we will create a modified burpee category for apparel winners! So, have at it if needed!
- You will need to submit a video by Saturday, 2/27 at noon of your 60 second fitness challenge! You can do both exercises, so that's 2 separate 60 sec videos.
- Submit your video through Facebook messenger/Instagram messenger to our pages or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can do this with a partner. Please say “GO” when you start and you/a viewer can count your burpees or squats as you do them.
- We will request your permission if we would like to make any of your video items viewable by the public, i.e. video montage.
- Proper form must occur to win. Not sure what proper form is? We’re sharing a video on social media, on our YouTube page, and on our website on 2/22 by 3pm.
How the Challenge Works
What you need to know:
- Y members and community members will complete a total RESET through 6 themed weeks of connection, movement, and accountability.
- Overall goal: 5 days of movement a week at 150 minutes total (you can do more than that!)
- Free workouts will be shared in our app 3x a week.
- Free virtual workouts will be available on our website.
- Members receive a free magnetic tracking calendar (also given out during the 2020 STRONG Challenge) to track your activities.
- Nonmembers of the Y have a printable calendar option to utilize for tracking.
- You can send us a photo of completed calendars during the 6th week for a chance to win 3 free months!
- We'll award weekly prizes and everyone who sticks with us for the full 6-weeks will receive a t-shirt at the end!
- All aspects of the challenge can be done VIRTUALLY!
- Join the national Facebook page to connect with others!
Community Group/Tracking Sheet
RESET challengers from all over the country have joined this Facebook group! Give it a follow for more support and ideas.
Download the tracking calendar here you will use for the next 6 weeks! If you're a member of the Y and did not receive a calendar during the STRONG challenge, stop by to pick up your magnetic calendar at the welcome center.
Summary of Terms
Summary Terms & Conditions: Our mobile text messages are intended for subscribers over the age of 13 and are delivered via USA toll free number 4237454904. You may receive up to 24 message(s) per month for text alerts. Message and data rates may apply. This service is available to persons with text-capable phones subscribing to carriers including AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile®, Sprint, Virgin Mobile USA, Cincinnati Bell, Centennial Wireless, Unicel, U.S. Cellular®, and Boost. For help, text HELP to 4237454904, email email@example.com, or call +1 4237454904. You may stop your mobile subscription at any time by text messaging STOP to toll free number 4237454904 To opt back in, text “UNSTOP” followed by the keyword to toll free number 4237454904.